Monday, May 14, 2018

The Wonderful World of Mr. Bunny


        In preparation for my final piece, I came across a show promo card of a gallery exhibit happening at the Corey Helford Gallery titled The Wonderful World of Dr. Deekay. I was very drawn to Camille Rose Garcia work since it was very illustrative with a combination of fairytale horror and stop-motion animation.

         Unlike my previous works, I wanted to create a body of work that was very playful and illustrative that gave a story for this bunny character that I had created in high school. This was a character I hold very near and dear to my heart since it has been with me when I first started high school, and continuing to add to this series every year. I wanted to move away from the more traditional and formal artwork and wanted to really experience line art and detailing an image.

         The Wonderful World of Mr. Bunny is an illustration and story that gives a little background to how Mr. Bunny came to be. He is sewn together by this girl who was very lonely and wanted a friend that was very similar to her. Mr. Bunny takes her to Bunnville where she sees all these colorful character. They go on many adventures together and give you a glimpse into their friendship. Looking at it now, this piece is very reflective of who I was back in high school. I was an outcast that would sit alone with my phone and would draw and it was only after 1 year did I really start making long lasting friends.

           Tram Dang was born in Santa Ana, California. Upon graduation in June 2020 from Chapman University, she will have a BFA in Studio Art with minors in Graphic Design. She has had an interest in art since she was very young, and when face with the decision whether to pursue music or art, she chose art. Her works have been exhibited at the Guggenheim Gallery at Chapman University.

No comments:

Post a Comment