Monday, May 14, 2018

Hanouf Alharbi
May 14, 2018
Plastic Bottles Insulation

     Water issues and problems in developing countries are diverse and serious: Problems include the natural scarcity of drinking water in certain areas, floods, the siltation of river systems, as well as the contamination of rivers and large dams. These problems are more severe and widespread in the developing countries than in developed countries.
California has a water contamination problem that endangers far more people, and it has existed for decades. State officials knew for a generation that many Californians lack access to clean, safe drinking water, yet, disgracefully, they did not begin to address the issue until five years ago.
    For this project, I decided to talk about water issue and present it through my artwork, because we have this crisis here in California and in other countries as well.  I did an do Insulation work for this project which it fits more with the subject that I want to present. The Installation art is an artistic genre of three-dimensional works that often are site-specific and designed to transform the perception of a space. Generally, the term is applied to interior spaces, whereas exterior interventions are often called public art, land art or intervention art; however, the boundaries between these terms overlap.
     I have a lot of plastic water bottles in my garage. I always collect them and delivering it every month to homeless and poor people, so they can receive goods and services. However, This month I didn’t deliver it because I need to for my project. I used 154 plastic water bottles. I cut the bottom of each bottle to put the top part of the other bottle inside it so it will look like a bottles ropes. Then I hung it on the ceiling and let it down till it reaches the floor. Also, I used 8 of plastic leaves and flowers ropes. I designed on the floor and under the plastic water bottles. I used this natural green design under the water bottles because it means that water is the most important thing of living for everything, and it is the main factor of nature. It gives life to the whole world. The artwork it somewhat looks similar to the waterfalls in nature. I like the waterfalls and nature in general because it makes me feel peaceful. And that what I wanted to present through my artwork. I was trying to create a subject based on 3 topics which are: water issue, recycling, and nature. All these topic are related to each other in real life. So if we overcome the water issues, and if we recycling the plastics, then we will have a beautiful nature that good for us, animals, and everything.
I worked for that in my studio which is in good size for me and work comfortably in my space. I chose to present my artwork in the gallery because it’s must be hanging to higher celling than our classroom. Also, there are some areas in the gallery that will make it easier for me to hang it there. Everyone sees this artwork can get an idea that relates to one of the 3 topics, but few of them will guess that it presents this three topic together.








No comments:

Post a Comment