Monday, May 7, 2018

Mail Art

For my mail art project, I wanted to draw my bunny character in various forms. I wanted to make cards as a kind of promotion to get people excited for my final series. I wanted to do a variation of different illustration that I have done previously or put my character in different situations. It also serve as a practice for my final and being able to play with different patterns and design.

As I started drawing these cards, I started to like the work that came out that I didn't want to give them away. By the end, I made too many and decided to keep these too for myself. I was experimenting with the background and doing really fine detail work. After I finish the design, I go in with my silver sharpie and add hand detailed design work. I got the idea from Miss Kika and how all her poster, she goes in with a white gel to add fine details. I didn't have a while gel so I settled on a silver sharpie. I like the metallic effect it has when you turn it side to side.
Image result for miss kika     Image result for miss kika

  


On the back of each of my cards, I have a title followed by what I was inspired when I was creating the work. I remember one of my work, I was watching Code Geass and as I was creating my design, I decided to color it Orange because one of the character nickname was Orange. Also as I was watching Code Geass, it was about royalty and princess and inspired me to draw my bunny if she was a princess. It also threw around the idea of what I would draw my bunny for my final series if she was of royalty. 
http://codegeass.wikia.com/wiki/Orange_Incident
                                           
                   

I was also watching Netflix at the same time and Aggretsuko and I was inspired to put my bunny character and imagine it as a office worker. I decided to draw it in two parts. I was imagining different scenarios from a Princess, to a fashion model to an office worker.

Image result for aggretsuko 

Some of the other designs I did on the card were of my original background pattern I made for this design. I wanted to do a card that had similar elements, but update it so that I can possible create another pattern later on in the computer. For this design I was inspired by the card suits and had this very Alice in Wonderland feel. I think that what also inspired me to draw my bunny as a princess as well.





















Overall, this was a really fun experience being able to just free hand my work and really getting to express my creativity.


No comments:

Post a Comment