Monday, May 14, 2018

Artist Statement and Bio

Artist Statement

Some people’s lives are governed by God and religion. Others by horoscopes and astrology. No matter who or what you consider your “god” we all have something that keeps us grounded. I am not a religious person, nor do I believe in astrology in the slightest. Instead, I am kept grounded by the people in my lives. These people talk me down when I’m in distress and give me hope that things will be okay. They inspire me to be a better person and teach me the ways in which I can improve myself and how I treat others. When I’m stuck, I find myself asking what they would do in this situation. What would they say. How would they act. 

The night sky is a constant wherever you are in the world. There’s something comforting about knowing however far away from home I am, I’ll always be looking up at the same sky. The same stars and the same moon. Sailors use the stars to guide them when they are lost and these people are my stars. They have brought me back to reality during the countless times I have felt completely lost. I don’t consider my friends god-like heads in the sky looking down upon me at all times judging my actions, but I know that no matter where I am, they’re there for me, just like the stars.

My relationship with these people feels so organic and more real of a relationship than I could ever have with a God I could never openly speak to and share experiences with. Their personalities are illustrated by a plant –simple but surprising, selflessness and nostalgia, humorous and light. These traits of theirs bring me back to reality. They keep me grounded and bring me comfort.

Bio

Mia Andrea resides in Orange, California and attends Chapman University studying both animation and fine arts. She began her art career at the age of seven, attending fine arts classes at Art Steps and continued training there until age 17. Her work as an animator and fine artist have been shown at Chapman University throughout her college career. Her passion for traveling, meeting new people, and learning new skills drives her work forward. Mia now works as a fine arts teacher at Art Steps and is currently pursuing a career as an animator.

No comments:

Post a Comment