Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Self Generated Project

For my self generate art, I was lost on what to do. I wasn't sure what I wanted to sculpt and I wanted to utilize my ceramic class. Then, when one of our assignment was to create a mold. I was really excited since I was making a mold of my bunny character I created since high school. After my mold came out, I wanted to draw something I was interested in and continue to add to this body of work. I have done multiple various of this piece and experiment with utilizing a similar style from the alter ego project.

I wanted to experiment with playing with line work and use of color to see if it was working so that I could use this towards my final project. For the self generate, I played with design work of line through straight, wave, circle and creating intricate pattern. I decided to draw an army of them since every time I have done these bunnies, I have always made an army. In term of character design, I was looking at ways to explore design but still trying to pay homage to my original character design. The purple bunny is purple with a patch, similar to my original design. I wanted always inspire by horror design so I was really into making the bunny cover in eyes.

In term of creating the background, I looked towards Takashi Murakami works. He is a Japanese contemporary artist and works in fine arts media as well as commercial media and is known for blurring the line between high and low arts. I myself am very inspire by Japanese art and try to create this work to be more commercial.
Image result for takashi murakamiImage result for takashi murakami louis

I am also very interested in this body fluid abstract movement and is a repeating pattern in my work and helped influence the background elements. 





















Since I put a lot of detail and attention to the bunnies, I wanted the background to be a solid bright color that would push the work to the foreground. I wanted to make it look like a poster design print. 

Also found this artist on instagram @camilladerrico and her drip works and movement wrapping the body.

Here are some designs I looked at that inspire my bunny:
Image result for camo      Image result for multiple eyes on face

I also didn't realize till after finished that my blue bunny reminds me a lot of the doll from Lilo and Stitch.
Image result for lilo and stitch doll

I was also looking at character design from Dunny - Kidrobot. I didn't realize how similar these were till after I made my bunny.
Image result for dunny vinyl

My bunny designs:

 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment