Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Alter Ego


Hanouf Alharbi
April 11, 2018

In this project I wasn’t sure what excally I will do. It was my firtst time to do this type of art work which is alter ego. When my professor told us that we have a project called “ alter ego”
I had no Idea what this project is. She showed us some artistes work, and I got a good Idea about this project. So Alter Ego is a second self, which is believed to be distinct from a person's normal or original personality. A person who has an alter ego is said to lead a double life. So for this project I was wondering what I can do for my second half and how I will express it. I really too long time to deciede. I thought that if I choose my cat as a second self because I love her so much. I think she is a part of me, so I started to painting it. I was planning to use oil paints because it’s the most medium that I like. However, I found out that no enough oil paints at my studio. So, I decied it to use Acrylic paint. So I started to paint my cat and because she has dark fur and light eyes, I thought it will be good idea if I painitng it with dark background so than her eyes will shine. After that, I started to painting the top part of my body with black shirt, and aslo I chose the drak background to it will fits with the cat painting. I took siven to eight hours to paint these two panitng using acrylic paint. In addition, was my first time to use black canves for painting. I used the black canves because as I said I wanted the background to be dark and that helped me a lot and made it easier for me to paint the cat and the figure. I liked this project because it lets you to think more about your second self. It could be anything that you feel it’s part of your self.


 Zoe Leonard: An Archive of Artifice 
At first glance, the beautifully shot black and white photographs of sculptor and photographer Zoe Leonard appear to intimately catalogue the life of a mid-century American starlet. Ranging from candid images of the woman at home to carefully choreographed publicity shots of her performing, the photographs build a comprehensive picture of the woman that is purported to be Fae Richards, a black gay singer and actress. In fact, the 82 photographs that create The Fae Richards Archive provide a convincing record of a person who never existed. Leonard cautiously forged a false biography and life story and used the photographs to document the talented performer's life and career, from the 1920s through to the 1970s. "I do believe in Fae Richards. She is not real, but she is true," wrote Leonard, whose meticulously constructed piece blurs the boundaries between identity and artifice. Witkovsky believes that the character of Richards "gives us all license to think about our relationship to our self-image and to the images we create of ourselves, or need to create, as time passes by."








Andy Warhol
early ’80s homage to Duchamp’s Rrose Sélavy unfolded with “eight wigs, two days of posing, 16 contact sheets, and 349 shots,” as photographer Christopher Makos recalls. Some have guessed Warhol was trying to get closer to his silkscreened idols . Marilyn Monroe, Liz Taylor, the like. Makos, a member of the Factory, speculated that these were characters based on rich collectors who paid $25,000 a pop for a portrait from Warhol. They form whole other identities, personas. Let’s meet classic alter-egos from art history and contemporary performance practice. Be warned: Gender-bending, age-regression, metamorphosing, and dimension-crossing may occur.









She was born Lucy Schwob, reborn Claude Cahun circa 1919.






http://flavorwire.com/272094/famous-artists-greatest-alter-egos/3



No comments:

Post a Comment