Friday, May 8, 2020

Mail Art Project- Lilly Stene

Mail Art Project
Even though this project was time consuming, I had a lot of fun creating the pieces. At first, I was going to have a theme to each of my postcards: stamps. However, I found a stamp that I really liked in the process, which was a smiley face one. I had fun overlaying this onto one another, and the patterns that it made. I still wanted to add more color and texture to my postcards, so I used India Ink, drawing pens, glitter, and collage. On one of the postcards, I collaged smiley faces that I had stamped onto canvas on top of a postcard. I also wanted my postcards to look cheerful and bright during this current time of the Covid-19 pandemic, so I used bright colors. I wanted to write a message on the postcards as well that could be positive to look at, and decided on the consumerist phrase "have a nice day!" to go along with the theme of smiley faces. I wanted the back of the postcard to be as visual as the front, so I decided on adding this phrase to the back, and also added some pen work to emphasize the font with dots. I also liked the idea of my project being a postcard, since they are a symbol of something that is sent from another location by another acquaintance or friend. For this assignment, I wasn't inspired by any artists in particular, but did look up inspiration of Have a Nice Day for font options and played around with different fonts in Word before printing them onto pink paper. Below are pictures of my final project:






No comments:

Post a Comment