Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Mail Art- Niki

Niki Ravari
Mail Art Project
May 5, 2020

This project is a particularly exciting one considering the current situation we are all in. In times like these, receiving small pieces of art in the mail is even more exciting than before since the days tend to be less eventful. I can’t wait to receive each piece! This was my first time creating mail art and it is such a fulfilling process. Creating works that I know will be sent through the mail is so personal and I will definitely be eating more mail art during this pandemic.
For my pieces, I knew I wanted to make mixed media pieces and incorporate various materials I have around my house. I used india ink to create marks which would be the background for the collage elements. For the collaging aspect, I cut out images of eyes and faces from various magazines I had around the house, kind of as a humorous way to make it feel as though there are people around. Each of my ten pieces are different but I wanted to capture a cohesive aesthetic throughout the collection.



No comments:

Post a Comment