Friday, May 10, 2019

Alter Ego



I always viewed alter egos as different versions of a person, especially versions that are strong and successful . A few years back a friend drew an alter ego version of me with a dark green pixie working with Captain America. Now that is one of my alter egos, I sure do love green pixie cuts, but reflecting on how I view myself, it's not I view my main alter ego anymore.  I started to develop a new version a my alter ego in 11th grade when I had to create an expressive self portrait for AP Art but it became more of an alter ego because it transformed into how I wanted to be like instead of how I felt. I wanted to create a new and improved version of the old. Going into this project, I knew there would be an array of color, wings, and armor.

I view my alter ego somewhat as an "angelic warrior", however one that is unrelated to religion or g-d. The armor, the shield, and sword implies that she's a warrior. The warrior concept is that my alter ego is not only a survivor but a fighter. The halo shows that this warrior is "angelic", good of heart, fighting for what is right. I always want to be someone who fights for what is right and be a good person. The angelic factor also implies that my alter ego is free from "sin" or "mistakes". As someone who easily carries guilt around, I want my alter ego to be free from it.  Furthermore. the wings represent freedom. Too often, I feel trapped. My alter ego is not. She can fly wherever she desires. The wings being colorful/rainbow represent that there are many "colors"/parts to/of myself. Each color has a connotation. Additionally different colors represent that I have many different interests. The hair is silver and gold because silver implies old age which implies wisdom/knowledge and gold implies riches. I wanted my alter ego to show its wisdom but also richness of soul. Lastly, the eyeshadow is like warpaint, but also I chose neon green for its originality
as it is not often used as eyeshadow.




No comments:

Post a Comment