Monday, May 15, 2017

Artist Statement

Artist Statement:

I was never much of a doodler, but when I did it was always flowers. It wasn’t until this year that people starting pointing out my affinity for flowers. They had always been stuck in my art subconsciously. Flowers come natural to me, they are embedded in everything I do, but never the focal point. Flowers are safe, calming, nostalgic. My discovery of my affinity for florals lead to an exploration of my past, my mother, and a departure from the comfort of simple flowers. This project affirmed much of my childhood feelings, but also encouraged me to grow and confront the reality of a flower; a flower is a beautiful living organism that will eventually fade.

Artist Bio:

Tristan Fields was born in Denver, Colorado in 1996. He is pursuing his BFA in Studio art, and a BS in Business Administration at Chapman University in California. Tristan uses art as therapy, relaxation, and expression. He finds inspiration from human connection, family, and his early life. He is a multimedia artist who uses drawing, sculpture, collage and installation to convey his concepts.

No comments:

Post a Comment