Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Alternative Methods

My project is influenced by my past works and sketches in my journals and notebooks. I have taken my journal and used collage and doodling to accentuate the pages into old and new notes and images. Collaging new sketches onto the old, torn up pages, I have attempted to use this journal as a canvas. I would like to continue this process of collecting and collaging old and new art I have accumulated through different classes and random days of deep thought.
I have also gone through cycles of reading over my journals that have been written in dark and depressing times. This has made me deeply reflective of my actions and past. I have gone through these entries from arguments with my boyfriend to notes in Modern British History. I love the aesthetic of my used journal and the repeated use of it for this project. I would like to continue to work on my journals and sketchbooks and keep adding to them as I develop my art.

No comments:

Post a Comment